Sunday, June 5, 2011

Done....

It's 1:10am on Sunday morning, and I just finished my first injection. Debated for a long time with myself whether to start a few hours earlier on Saturday itself, which was a Dashnyam day by the way, a very good day for everything, except that it did not have the indications for beginning a medical treatment, so ended up opting for today, a few hours of difference. Today is also Baljinnyam day, as it happens, and a great day to start a medical treatment. Just before jabbing the needle, I also read all the mantras I know. Funny, I know, but I am a staunch Buddhist through and through that way, always consulting the calendar when doing important things, always accompanying them with mantras. Debated also for a long time whether to do it in the butt or the thigh. Gave my mother her intravenous calcium injections since eleven or so, so I am quite used to the whole thing of injections, blood, etc, but this is an intramuscular one, so stalled for a while in my tiny bathroom thinking where, then opted for the thigh afterall because the injection needs to be done quite slowly, and I can't guarantee that my side muscles wouldn't cramp while doing it in the butt standing up. Well, I can't describe what I was feeling at the time: I was incredibly focused, but also incredibly lightheaded and so happy, and a very tiny teensy bit apprehensive because of the dangers of T getting into the bloodstream if I got into a vein or something. Not much pain. A lot of guys say that there is pain associated with these injections, but there is only heaviness in my leg, a bit of pulling, I guess, but that's all. Again, I have a very high level of tolerance for pain, my sister used to call me abnormal like that. What with her beating the shit out of me with mop handles and high quality Russian umbrellas - till they broke! - when I was a kid, she should know! So this is it <huge grin>, I am on my way. Time to announce through email to all the loved and close ones, but that can wait till morning. Oh, and one more thing: I just quit smoking, just had my last cigarette.

put on a face

put on a face                      a brave face, a dead face put on a face and go. put on a face                       a kind face, a br...