Monday, February 27, 2012

For the record - 2

Yesterday I went to the Chingeltei district police station in the early afternoon with Otgonbaatar of the LGBT Centre, my comrade in arms for years now, to file the first instance report, and to get the court investigation hospital conclusion. After one and a half hours of waiting in the court investigation hospital for the doctor to come in (from a neighbouring building), the examining doctor told me that I needed a proper eye examination for him to write a full conclusion. Since all the eye clinics were closed, the eye examination had to be done this morning. Another comrade in arms, Baya, came with me today to both keep me the company and to document the whole process. The first examining doctor at the Orbita eye clinic told me to get the computer tomography scan to make sure the eyesocket was not broken, or damaged, so I called Songdo, got an appointment for later in the afternoon, got the CT scan done, and took it back to the doctor who glanced over the three huge sheeets of the CT scan, and said that nothing was broken, and told me to come back for a proper examination when the huge swelling goes down. At that point, I had to insist loudly on getting my right eye examined properly because I know that such injuries may not be easily recognisable on the surface, or even on CT scan. After raising my voice for ten minutes, I was given another doctor, who did all the necessary checks, read my CT scan very carefully and told me that I had a swollen retina and swollen schlera, and possibly an orbital fracture, but that I needed to get another examination in two weeks to determine whether it was indeed an orbital fracture. With that conclusion, I went to the court investigation hospital, got my examination, and took the papers back to the Chingeltei district police station. Now I wait for the call from the police for further investigation.

One funny thing that happened when I was filing the FIR yesterday was that one of the policemen recognised me as the dude from the 100%, and mistook Otgoo for another friend who just left last week for a few months. The hilarity did not end there. He said about Otgoo "This is your boyfriend, right? [to me] You're his boyfriend, right? [to Otgoo]" He obviously mistook Otgoo for T., a very good friend, whom he saw all the three times he came in when checking whether we were closed by midnight, which we always were. So I guess the cops of the vicinity take me for a gay guy :) They knew also that our bar was for the LGBT people as is another club in the same area, Hanzo :))

One more positive thing: there appears to be no doubt in anyone's mind that I'm a dude. Everyone I met over the last few months since October has been talking to me as a dude to a dude, or a girl to a dude. Although happy about the fact, I'm a little concerned about getting my documents examined, and being exposed as an impostor. I really need to change my ID, but since there is no regulation whatsoever, it remains a big problem for me. A long-term one.

One last thing: this Saturday's attack was by no means the first one since I transitioned. The first was on the morning of 4 December (a straight, drunk dude, no relations whatsoever, the first and last time I saw him), the second on the night of 22 December (a bisexual woman whom I took to be a friend till then), the third on the night of 24 December (a bisexual woman whom I became friends with from October, no longer under the category of friends), the fourth on 3 January (a straight, drunk dude, no relations whatsoever, the second time he came into the bar), and the fifth on 25 February (an ex of my sister's). None of the previous ones were as serious as this one, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Бусдын эрхэд халдсан утга агуулга бүхий комментуудыг хэвлэхгүй болно.

put on a face

put on a face                      a brave face, a dead face put on a face and go. put on a face                       a kind face, a br...