Monday, May 14, 2012

Put a smile on

So there is this friend who I saw a few times in 2009 and once in 2010. She always puts a smile on my face with her emails that I look forward to. Incredible soul. From the first moment I saw her, I felt such warmth and connection, don't know why. She always puts a smile on my face.

Another thing that always puts a smile, albeit a sarcastic one, is Enhbayar, the former Prime Minister. He's being released after being arrested a month ago under the charges of corruption and financial embezzlement. Just saw how he was covering his ears and walking around in a cell muttering to himself as if possessed (he does seem to be possessed by greed and insanity, unfortunately), refusing to listen to the charges and to answer the questions. I listened to the statement he read out a few days ago from a hospital where he was taken into because of the hunger strike, and couldn't help but laugh hysterically at the godfather of evil, both political as well as economic, in Mongolia.

As a mastermind behind the state of emergency in July 2008, as a man in charge who imposed that emergency and allowed for 5 people to be killed on the streets of Ulaanbaatar, as a politician who never owned any business prior to entering politics, but who is now said to have billions of dollars to his name, he never fails to put a smile on my face, albeit that's more of a dismayed grimace. A historic moment of him being arrested was said to have ignited his upporters, but hey, it also ignited all of us, ordinary voters who would never ever again vote him into any position. When I was in Japan in 2005, he was elected into the President's office. I called my mother although I very rarely called her from overseas, once half a year, if that, to vent: Really?! Truly people elected him again into the office, and this time even as a President?! Are Mongolians brainwashed to such an extent that they no longer see the processes of politics and how it affects us in our daily lives, and to still choose this a-hole into office?!?! She replied: "Hush now. I undestand your sentiment. I feel as if I can't even voice my displeasure, though. People are shocked." A few days ago I was talking to a cab driver for the entire one and a half hours that we were stuck together in impassable streets of Ulaanbaatar as it often is when it snows or rains. Although a cabbie, he knew exactly the rent of the friend's place I'm staying in during the time I need to find an apt. Although just another cabbie, he knew the difference between the majoritarianism and proportionalism. Although an ordinary cabbie, he vehemently supported me when I told him that depending on the outcomes of this election, I will be making a decision whether to stay in this lawless country, or to move on to a country where laws are implemented, where I can walk and live and work in peace. Well, that and the outcome of the complaint I filed with the Chingeltei district police. If that violent and lying perpetrator is not put away, I will anyway have to leave the country since even the state would not protect me from such hate crimes. And getting back to the one who never fails to put a smile on my face, alright, a grimace then: Mongols of conscience will not be fooled anymore. We don't have to accept evil in any form, and this election will determine once and for all the future of this country. It is an incredibly important election we have ahead this summer.

2 comments:

  1. 100% sanal niilj bna. Shuuh unen zuvuur ni shuugeesei! Uhehdee uher buugaa tavihgui, er hun shig yagaad tiim l ikh buruugui, mungu ideegui, hahuuli avaagui yum bol huuli yosnii daguu shalguulahgui te?

    ReplyDelete

Бусдын эрхэд халдсан утга агуулга бүхий комментуудыг хэвлэхгүй болно.

put on a face

put on a face                      a brave face, a dead face put on a face and go. put on a face                       a kind face, a br...