Thursday, January 10, 2013

music, feelings, sharing - poulenc the giant


Trust me to fall in love with another gay guy. The spectacular vivacity of the emotions I felt in Poulenc's music could only have been informed by same-sex longings. Biased, I know, but true. Wikipedia writes:
Some writers consider Poulenc one of the first openly gay composers.[13] His first serious relationship was with painter Richard Chanlaire, to whom he wrote on his Concert champêtre score: "You have changed my life, you are the sunshine of my thirty years, a reason for living and working".[14] He also once said, "You know that I am as sincere in my faith, without any messianic screamings, as I am in my Parisian sexuality."[15]
I hope whatever one of my exes is coming up with is on par with the best of the best. She promised me a symphony. 8 years later, I'm still to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Бусдын эрхэд халдсан утга агуулга бүхий комментуудыг хэвлэхгүй болно.

put on a face

put on a face                      a brave face, a dead face put on a face and go. put on a face                       a kind face, a br...